Meet the Competitors: Marissa from Rae Gun Ramblings
1. When did you first discover you were a geek/nerd? Well my very first “big purchase” was a Star Trek communicator pin that I saved up for when I was little so I’d say that pretty much sealed the deal.
2. Which ‘fandoms’ do you belong to? I am a die hard Harry Potter fan in fact I just got back from The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. But I’m a huge book nerd and love lots of Young Adult books. I am dabble in lots of other fandoms and I’m an equal opportunity fandom supporter.
3. Which Studio Ghibli film would you want to live in? Oh my I’m not sure.
4. Why did you want to compete this month? My niece is a huge Totoro fan and I love making fandom related stuff for her and supporting her obsession.
5. Have you ever attended ComicCon? I’ve attended Salt Lake Comic Con a bunch of times (and was an official SLComic Con blogger) as well as PAX which is the huge Video Game Convention.
6. What do you enjoy reading? Yes. Yes and Yes. Every week on instagram (@raegunramblings) I do a reading roll call where I share what I’m reading and have people comment with what they are reading. It’s one of my favorite things ever talking book!
7. What has been your favorite Halloween Costume? I have had a lot of geeky Halloween costumes but my favorite was when I dressed up as an underage Chinese Gymnast and dressed my husband up as Bella Karoyli the USA coach. If you remember there was a lot of controversy about whether the Chinese gymnasts were old enough and they wore a crazy amount of clips in their hair haha. The time I dressed the whole family up as Mary Poppins characters might be a close second. There are pictures of both and other costumes in this post.